Facts about Immigrating Women:
1. Globally, more women are migrating than ever before. The majority of the foreign-born in the United States are women.
2. Migrating women can be found in the most vulnerable positions in the world economy.
3. Despite this, migrating women are emerging as leaders: in chain migrations, in politics, in activism, in academics, and in business.
4. The earnings of immigrant women are a critical form of economic development for their home countries, in the form of remittances.
5. Migration policy often assumes that the man is the family leader and economic subject. This means that women can often fall between the cracks in these policies.